- Article 1 (Personal Information)
- Article 2 (Acquisition and Use of Personal Information)
We may acquire from and use Personal Information of Users of our Services (the “Services”) within the scope necessary for the following purposes. If we seek to use such Personal Information beyond the following purposes, we will obtain prior written consent of the User whose Personal Information is concerned :
(1) To perform the Services;
(2) To improve and refine the Services, or to develop new services;
(3) To notify Users of new functions or updated information of the Services, campaigns, and our other services (including via e-mails, flyers, and other direct mails);
(4) To inform Users of any maintenance of the Services or important news regarding the Services;
(5) To answer inquiries from Users regarding the Services (including to confirm Users identification);
(6) To report to Users the situation regarding the use of the Services;
(7) To request Users to answer any questionnaires and questions regarding the Services or to attend events, or to report the answers of such questionnaires and questions or results of such events to such Users;
(8) To conduct research on and provide analysis of the history of the Services and to utilize the results of such research and analysis for the improvement and development of the Services and to deliver any promotional materials; and
- Article 3 (Management and Protection of Personal Information)
We will carefully and closely manage Personal Information and will not provide or disclose such Personal Information to any third parties without the prior written consent of Users whose Personal Information is concerned except in the following circumstances:
(1) If such disclosure of Personal Information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of such person;
(2) If such disclosure of Personal Information is necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person whose Personal Information is concerned;
(3) If such disclosure of Personal Information is necessary for cooperating with a state organization, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by such state organization or local government in executing the affairs required by laws and regulations, and if obtaining the consent of the person whose Personal Information is concerned is likely to hinder the execution of such affairs;
(4) If we entrust the handling of Personal Information in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve our purposes as stipulated in Article 2, in order to implement our operations smoothly;
(5) If such Personal Information is obtained as a result of the succession of business in a merger or otherwise;
(6) If such Personal Information is used jointly between specific individuals or entities, and in such case if the scope, and purposes of such joint use, and the name of the individual or business operator responsible for the management of such Personal Information have been notified to the User(s) whose Personal Information is concerned in advance; and
(7) If it is permitted by laws and regulations to disclose or provide Personal Information.
We will take preventive and corrective measures against risks resulting from any unlawful access to Personal Information, or any loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of Personal Information.
- Article 4 (Entrustment of Personal Information Handling)
We may entrust an individual or a business operator to handle Users’ personal data in whole or in part. In such case, we will examine their eligibility sufficiently, obligate such individual or business operator to maintain confidentiality obligations by contract, and will perform the necessary and appropriate supervision over such individual or business operator.
- Article 5 (Joint Use of Personal Information)
The Company may share the Personal Information of Users within the following scope and purposes to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
[Purposes of Joint Use]
(1) To ensure the proper execution of business management and risk management as a group company, including the identification and management of various risks;
(2) For the planning and development of higher quality services;
(3) To contact users individually regarding various products and services;
[Scope of personal information for Joint Use]
Same as described in Article 1
[Scope of Joint Users>]
The Company and its affiliates and group companies
[Person responsible for the management of Personal Information]
Technology Seed Incubation Co., Ltd.
- Article 6 (Cookies, Web beacons and Links)
1. The use of the Service is recorded by means of cookies, which are a mechanism for understanding the use of the Internet. Cookies is a mechanism that stores the usage history, input content, etc. sent and received between the browser and the server as a text file on the User's computer when using a webpage. Users can change their settings for sending and receiving cookies. Please refer to the 'Help' menu of your browser for setting instructions. Please note that if you select a setting that rejects all cookies, you may not be able to use services that require authentication, or you may experience other restrictions when using various services on the Internet.
(1) To improve the convenience of the services provided to Users;
(2) To display the most appropriate advertisements on other companies' websites based on the User's interests and usage on the Service;
(3) To use Google Analytics, etc. applied by the Company.
*About Google Analytics
3. We also use technologies such as web beacons to recognise and track Users of the Services. Web beacons are graphic images that work in conjunction with cookies through web browsers and HTML emails. Web beacons are used to observe Users' movement through the site via email and the Services to make such information of movement more useful.
4. The Service contains links to other websites, please refer to the regulations of the linked websites regarding the management of Personal Information on those websites.
- Article 7 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
Upon a request of a User, we will promptly disclose the Personal Information of such User. However, we may keep all or part of such Personal Information undisclosed, if such disclosure falls under any of the following categories; and in this case, we will promptly notify such User:
(1) If such disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of such User or any other third parties;
(2) If such disclosure is likely to hinder the proper execution of our business; and
(3) If such disclosure may result to violation of any laws and regulations.
- Article 8 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
1. If any Personal Information retained by us includes false information, we will, upon the request of the User whose Personal Information is concerned, correct or delete such false information in accordance with our internal procedures.
2. Based on the request of such User whose Personal Information is concerned, as referred in Paragraph 1, we will promptly notify such User once such correction or deletion of the Personal Information has been completed.
- Article 9 (Discontinuation of Personal Information Use)
If we receive any request from a User to discontinue using or to erase his or her Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as "Discontinuation") that falls within the cases set out below, we will carry out the necessary investigation without delay and, on the basis of the results of that investigation and in accordance with the law, we will discontinue using the Personal Information and notify the User to that effect. However, if such Discontinuation is unduly expensive or is otherwise difficult to implement, we will, if possible, take the necessary alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of such User.
(1) If the information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use;
(2) If the Personal Information has been obtained by fraudulent means;
(3) If the information is used in a manner that may encourage or induce illegal or unjustified acts;
(4) If the Company no longer needs to use the User's Personal Information;
(5) If a leakage, loss or damage of Personal Information containing Personal Information requiring special attention (hereinafter referred to as 'leakage etc.') has occurred or is likely to occur;
(6) If a leakage of Personal Information has occurred or is likely to occur which, if misused, could cause property damage;
(7) If a leakage of Personal Information has occurred or is likely to occur which may have been carried out for an unauthorised purpose;
(8) If a leakage of Personal Information has occurred or is likely to occur where the number of individuals to whom the personal data pertains exceeds 1,000;
(9) If the User's rights or legitimate interests are likely to be harmed by the handling of such Personal Information.
- Article 11 (Compliance with Laws and Regulations)
We will comply with the laws and regulations in Japan and other rules that are applicable to the use of Personal Information we retain.
- Article 12 (Response to Complaints and Consultations)
We will respond to any complaints from Users and will provide consultation to any User whose Personal Information is concerned as to the handling of his or her Personal Information. We will respond properly and promptly to any request for disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, refusal of use or provision regarding Personal Information.
Established on and valid from January 21st, 2022 (The new policy which has been enacted after the abolishment of the Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information, enacted in June 1st, 2018)
- Article 13 (Customer Desk)
For inquiries concerning our policy of handling of Personal Information, please contact us as below at:
Technology Seed Incubation Co., Ltd
2F Kikusan Building, 112 Machigashiracho, Shinmachi-dori, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto
Mail: [email protected]